Today is a much requested version of a three panel fancy fold card I posted on Instagram and sent out to some of my friends for Christmas. It is not difficult to make and with these dimensions you can get the whole base from one sheet of A4 (or letter size card US). This card stands really well and the staggered panels allow a peep of each layer.
Dimensions: please see video before cutting
1. Base: 8 1/8 x 5 3/4 score long side at 1", 2, 3, 4
2. Turn through 90 degrees so scoring is at the bottom. Place in trimmer and CUT at 3/4" from bottom edge to 3rd score line. Cut diagonally with snips from the end of cut to outside edge of 4th fold
3. Replace base in trimmer as before, move across another 3/4" and CUT fom bottom edge 1" to first score line. Remove from trimmer and snip diagonally to top of previous cut at 2nd score line.
4. fold base gently in both directions and then burnish well with bone folder.
5. front panel: 4 1/4 x 2 5/8 mat 4 x 2 3/8
6. middle panel: 5 x 3 3/8 mat 4 3/4 x 3 1/8
7. back panel layers: contrast card 5 1/2 x 3 7/8 white 5 1/4 x 3 5/8
US cut all panels at 5/12 and reduce all layers by 1/4"
Metric: Base 20.7 x 14.5 score 2.5,5,7.5,10 cut 2cm to folds as per video
front: 6.5 x 10.5 mat 6 x 10
middle 8.5 x 12.5 mat 8 x 12
back panel layers 14 x 10 and white 13.5 x 9.5
Add fussy cut flowers or other focal image to front with sentiment of choice.
Decorate white layer with partial flowers, strip of DSP along edge or stamped design
I was inspired by Heidi Smith's version of this card, but simplified the method and refined some of the dimensions.
As always, I hope you try out this design. Please leave me a thumbs up on my YouTube channel, a like here or a few kind words wherever you find me. I would love to see your makes on my facebook page too so please add them here at Elegant edges. You will also find me on Instagram. If you would like to browse SU products and don't already have a demonstrator, you can see them all at my SU Shop If you place an order £30 or more there, add the Host Code MYHMJPYD to get a little extra freebie from me.
Thank you for visiting and pop back soon. If you subscribe, you will be notified as soon as new content is uploaded! It really helps me too!
SU Products I used today: My all time favourite trimmer #152392, Fresh Freesia cardstock #155614, Favored Flowers DSP #160833 Free in SAB event, Sentiment from Cottage Rose Stamps #159040, Dandy designs DSP #160836 Free in SAB, Mossy Meadow cardstock#133683, Calypso coral cardstock 124392 and super sharp paper snips #103579