I have another project with the Adorable Owls available free in the SALE-a-bration event 5/1/23-28/2/23 with a qualifying £45 order.
This is a book fold card base with a simple squash fold inside. If you've never tried this fold before, have a go with some scrap paper, especially if you want to use directional paper with an obvious pattern. I just kept it simple!
You will need:
A4 card (inches)
DSP Front - 4 x 4 , 4 x 1 1/2
Inside 5 3/4 x 5 3/4
3 squares basic white 2 3/4 x 2 3/4
length ribbon (optional)
or US Letter card (inches)
DSP 4 1/8 x 4 1/8 and 4 1/8 x 1 1 1/8
Squares - cut with largest square die from stylish shapes die set
- Fold the base in half and place preferred glue from centre crease almost as far as next fold to form the book fold. check that no excess glue has seeped out into card - wipe away quickly if so.
- Mat the front with DSP.
- Take the white squares and form cloud background pattern by lightly brushing over freehand cut cloud pattern on scrap card in diagonal orientation. Make sure one of these has pale centre to write on.
- stamp sentiment onto the palest square
- stamp and colour owls using memento ink and blends of choice to match DSP
- make squash fold..... take DSP and fold in half both ways so paper is quartered. Turn paper over then fold across ONE diagonal only. Burnish gently. Push the diagonal folds with fingers of both hands towards the centre and press shape to form a squashed diamond. Open and close a few times. Make sure that all folds are exact and edges tidy.
- Place centre crease of squash in the inside of card against the centre fold. Make sure the squash is opening the right direction. Add glue to the back and stick to right hand side by closing card. check and adjust. glue top and close again to stick to inside front.
- Adhere cloud mats and owl. No dimensionals inside or it might stop card closing.
- Add ribbon, owl and bling to front.
Ta - da!!!! Once you've made one, it is soo easy.
All the products are available from my SU shop at LesleyKilby.StampinUp.net.
Adorable owls Sale-a-bration stamps 160269
Cardstock -Blushing bride, basic white
In colour 6 x 6 DSP: 159253
Stamp pad: Orchid Oasis 159214
Memento Tuxedo black ink pad 132708
Stampin blends - various
Multi purpose liquid glue 154974
stylish shapes die 159183
Simply shammy to clean stamps 147042
Paper snips scissors -to fussy cut owls 103579
I just love this style as it is quick to make and packs a real punch.