How absolutely adorable are these little owls! They come as a stamp set of three owls plus some sentiments and best of all, they are FREE with a £45 purchase in the StampinUp! SALE-a-bration. This event runs from 5th January 2023 until 28th February but as a demo I get to preorder; definitely one of the best perks, plus all demos also receive discount too. If you would like more info on joining my team of demos, please message me and we can chat about it.
I made this style of card months ago with the Hippest Hippos (metric version) and many people have asked me for a tutorial in inches - so here it is, a little simplified. Use the original video to help.
You will need:
3 squares basic white approximately 4 1/2", scraps to stamp, mats for the back to write your greeting
DSP 4 pieces of 1 3/4 x 3 3/4"
Stampin' blends or watercolour pencils
- Score both pieces of base card at 2, 4, and 6 inches. Turn the card through 90 degrees and lightly mark the short side at the top and bottom halfway at 2".
- Cut from this centre pencil mark to first fold, top and bottom on both edges of each piece of base card. You can use 1 waste triangle to stamp sentiment, rest is scrap.
- Burnish the fold lines - Mountain, valley, mountain.
- Using the largest square die from stylish shapes, cut 3 times from basic white pieces
- From a scrap piece of card, cut a cloud shape to use as a stencil and gently brush across all 3 squares placed as diamonds using tahitian tide ink to form cloudy background.
- Adhere DSP to 4 rectangles of base card
- Lay both base sheets side-by-side and the end pieces should form a diamond shape. Adhere one of the squares over the triangles to form a centre diamond shape and keep both base sheets together. Take care to line up all the edges.
- Adhere the other 2 diamonds to each end using the photo/video to help placement.
- Stamp 3 owls and colour as desired
- Stamp and die cut sentiment using stylish shapes
- Add to diamond using mini dimensionals
- Adhere basic white to back of card if wished, for place to write own greeting and sign the card.
I woud love to see your cards, using these directions and/or the Adorable owls. Do send me pics please by Messenger on Facebook or tag me in your posts there and on Instagram.
All the products are available from my SU shop at LesleyKilby.stampinup.net
Adorable Owls 160269
Cardstock - basic white 159228
stamp pad: Tahitian Tide 159210
Memento ink: 132708
Tea Boutique 6 x 6 DSP 158659
Multipurpose Liquid glue 154974
mini stampin' dimensionals 144108
blending brushes 153611